New York Communities for Change is a coalition of working families in low and moderate income communities fighting for social and economic justice throughout New York State. By using direct action, legislative advocacy, and community organizing, NY Communities’ members work to impact the political and economic policies that directly affect us. Through neighborhood chapters and issue-based committees, we are working to ensure that every family throughout New York has access to quality schools, affordable housing, and good jobs. It is through the power-in-numbers approach that NY Communities is able to win REAL change for our towns and neighborhoods.
Post TagsBudget Battle Budget Battles Christine Quinn Co-Location Crosspost Cuomo Cuts Democracy in Action Earth Day Economic Development Foreclosures Fracking Harold Miller Hydraulic Fracturing Jumaane Williams Living Wage Margaret Garner PCBs in Schools Project Safe Surrender Southern Tier Sustainable Development UC Berkeley Walmart Workers Rights
- Trump's party planner just got promoted to lead NY's federal housing office. With no qualifications AT ALL. #NoCuts politico.com/story/2017/06/… 15 minutes ago
- RT @bellshort: Join Climate Works for All members @ALIGNny @NYCEJAlliance @VOCALNewYork @nychange & others 10am tmrw City Hall: https://t.c… 1 hour ago
- Vaughn explaining to @esprogressives how @bedfordcourts will displace Crown Heights tenants #killthedeal https://t.co/rU2Hwft2Dj 18 hours ago
- .@realDonaldTrump declared war on the poor w/ his $7B cuts to @HUDgov. On 7/12 we fight back! Join us -->… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 20 hours ago
- On 7/12 we're marching to fight back against @realdonaldtrump's $7B cuts to housing. Join us at the #TenantMarch --> facebook.com/events/4921302… 1 day ago
Top Posts & Pages