New York Communities for Change is a coalition of working families in low and moderate income communities fighting for social and economic justice throughout New York State. By using direct action, legislative advocacy, and community organizing, NY Communities’ members work to impact the political and economic policies that directly affect us. Through neighborhood chapters and issue-based committees, we are working to ensure that every family throughout New York has access to quality schools, affordable housing, and good jobs. It is through the power-in-numbers approach that NY Communities is able to win REAL change for our towns and neighborhoods.
Post TagsBudget Battle Budget Battles Christine Quinn Co-Location Crosspost Cuomo Cuts Democracy in Action Earth Day Economic Development Foreclosures Fracking Harold Miller Hydraulic Fracturing Jumaane Williams Living Wage Margaret Garner PCBs in Schools Project Safe Surrender Southern Tier Sustainable Development UC Berkeley Walmart Workers Rights
- RT @mkink: After wildly controversial rants by her billionaire board chair Loeb & Presidential pal Trump, Moskowitz backpedals https://t.co… 12 minutes ago
- Police try to push us away from @NYGovCuomo's presser on his cosmetic fixes to transit but we will be heard! TAX 👏🏾… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 hours ago
- Outside of the New Moynihan Station unveiling demanding @NYGovCuomo tax the rich to fund the MTA! #CuomosMTA https://t.co/Mw1rt8AGij 2 hours ago
- RT @popdemoc: "Trump's business advisory councils have been dissolved. But protestors aren't done yet w/ @JPMorgan & @Blackstone." https://… 19 hours ago
- RT @ZacharyLerner: Out here today to not let @Chase @blackstone get an EZ pass. Denounce @realDonaldTrump and stop profiting off nazi polic… 22 hours ago
Top Posts & Pages